ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:45:16 -0600
Phil,

Isn't it something how we who are not hooked on the lifestyles and
behaviors if not the actual act of doing drugs and etc., seem to
continually be put in a position of being the bad guy, being the one who
looks as though we are being mean, looks as though we are somehow wrong or
jumping the gun on our action or reaction? Here we have a grown adult who
is not abiding by the most generous and gracious rules to find help and
opportunity to again turn  away from old ways, and when they don't we find
all else in the house crying and feeling bad and suffering. That, is where
the strength of God needs to come in and be the rock. The word says to not
spoil the child by lack of the rod, and even in the days of old, they'd do
much worse with a child who wouldn't abide by the rules set forth. Thank
God we have Christ to step in for us, serving as our example,  and we do
have grace, and yet if we so chose to walk off the tracks a bit, God may
indeed let us step in Poison Ivy if we do our own thing. Just because Jesus
said to forgive 7 times 70, that doesn't mean 490 keys are given
to  Gretchen to unlock your front door for holding up and not abide by the
house rules. Forgiveness yes, enablement, no. Love yes, but that does not
mean cradling. It is painful to see it happen, and be the one to have to
stand up to the promises and rules set forth, but it is not you that
challenged them, or that is even implementing them, the fingerprints on the
gavel are covered with Gretchen's own prints, and the devil's prints on the
back of her hand. I pray she breaks free and the enemy finds no use  in her
any longer.

Brad

At 09:47 PM 1/8/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>I had about a 30 minute talk with her and gave her until January 16 on
>Monday, a week from this coming Monday, to be moved out.  I told her things
>were not adding up concerning her behavior nor was she fulfilling her
>agreements of several months ago.  I also told her that her X husband may
>not want to travel across town to put her youngest son in my sister's
>Christian school, which Sandy and I are paying for and Gretchen hasn't ever
>once put a dime on the bill, but if he ends up in public school, it is
>Gretchen's fault and not mind.  I asked two point blank questions during the
>talk and she never answered.  She said nothing the whole time.  You would
>think your children would make you ask for more time or ask for another
>change in the scheduling or would make you ask for help but she said
>nothing.  Now Sandy is crying, Taylor, the 6 year old is crying, probably my
>10 year old grandson, and I feel like it myself.  I know the Lord is crying

>about it.  The damn devil anyhow.
>
>Phil.
>

>Jesus Is Your Problem, Not The Devil.  Luke 12:5
>www.SafePlaceFellowship.com

Brad

   Give God what's right,  not what's left