From:
Matthew Chao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:46:33 -0500
Hi, John!  Too bad you missed out.  Was sort of thinking about it
myself, but oh well.  He who hesitates is lost, or in this case, gets
no radio <grin>.  It will sure be nice to program PL's with speech
for a change.  I have a THF6A, and it's tough doing the PL
thing.  With the FT-530, though, I can do it just by keying up,
releasing, and turning the knob one more click, then keying up again
until I get a carrier.  Don't know about that with the THF6A.  But at
least I could get into most repeaters with PL tones with no sighted
help.  Oh well, those days are gone for the HT's.  Anyway, am looking
forward to the new rig.  Oh, another thing.  If the TNC or another
part of the rig craps out, you have absolutely nothing, compared to
having a separate rig, TNC, and the cables.--Matt.