From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:49:24 -0500
Hi.

I haven't, as yet, ventured onto this band, for a couple of reasons.  For
one, none of my radios are set up to go on the band unless I completely
open them up.  Also, it is difficult to accurately measure my power output
on USB with the metering that I have, so it would be hard to pick the
appropriate level for the transmitter.  The final problem is that my yard
is small enough that it is pretty full of antennas already.  My
understanding is that I would need to use a resonant antenna on 60 meters
because the only mode of operation allowed on the band is USB, and that
even inserting a low power carrier for a couple seconds to adjust an
antenna tuner would constitute a violation of the rules.

For these reasons, I have opted to not use this band.  I think, if it were
not for this last restriction, that it would be fairly easy to load a G5RV
on this band, which would allow me to use my existing antennas.  Ignoring
the open wire matching section, the wire elements are just a little less
than five eights of a wavelength, which I suspect would put the load in the
ball park where most tuners would handle it.

Anyway, I have no plans to put anything on this band anytime in the
forseeable future.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK