From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:37:45 -0500
Hi, all.

Can someone tell me how you can find out how much, and what kind of  RAM you
have in an old HP desk-top computer?

I am using an HP Pentium 566 down in my ham shack with Jaws 3.7, I think,
and Windows 98 SE.

I think it has only 128 megs of ram, which is why it's a bit sluggish with
Jaws.  I find that Jaws hesitates when I try to enter info into a log, and
sometimes I have to type the first letter of a call twice before Jaws starts
responding.

And, if I want to upgrade to 256 megs of Ram, what kind of price am I
looking at?

With newer and better computers now available on E-bay and such, I'm just
trying to decide whether it is worth continuing to get the old 566 to work,
or just replace it with a newer desk-top machine for the shack.

Thanks as always, and best 73 from Tom Behler: kB8TYJ