Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:06:56 +0000
From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Mar 07, 2007, at 5:43 pm, Paleo Phil wrote:

> Me neither, and a search turned up nothing about it beyond what you
> said,
> though potatoes, maize, wheat and other foods have been reported to
> have had
> their antinutrients reduced over the years by selecting for less toxic
> varieties.

Hmmm, did we settle this one at last?  The opinion so far seems to be:

If you use the sharp stick test...
- tomatoes and peppers are paleo
- potatoes are not

If you use the Old World test (which I'm sure is less useful)
- tomatoes, peppers and potatoes are not paleo

And since tomatoes and peppers are common antigens, perhaps the best
advice to newbie paleo-dieters is "avoid potatoes, eat tomatoes and
peppers if you want, and if you can"?

Ashley