Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:29:26 -0500
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:39:02 -0800, Brenda Young
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>=========================================================================
>
>  I was just surprised to see a few references to an oil that I wouldn't
touch with a ten foot pole.

Brenda, if you do a search on canola, you'll find it's been mentioned
hundreds of times in this forum, though not as much lately, until now that
is! :) I would actually be surprised if it didn't come up from time to
time.

It's actually more surprising to see Carrie's positive comment about
butter here in this no-dairy Paleo Food forum, not that I'm complaining or
anything. Most mentions of butter here are about nut butters or coconut
butter. None of the prominent advocates of the Paleo way of eating,
Audette, Cordain or Eaton, advocates using dairy butter. My understanding
is that some traditional diet advocates, like Price, Pottenger, Enig,
Fallon and Ray Peat have advocated dairy butter. There are many areas of
agreement between advocates of Paleo and traditional diets, but dairy is
one area where there is strong disagreement. It's good to get a different
perspective in here so we aren't all just agreeing with each other. :)

Brenda, you mentioned that you might have read something by Dr. Mercola on
canola oil? Do you happen to know why he's against olive oil? I don't
remember his reasoning. I know you don't use canola oil, do you use any
cooking fats? It sounds like you're like me in not adding much cooking
fats beyond what's already in the meats.