From:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:31:06 -0500

After three years of struggling with our at-home pots and pans
situation (my husband does not always eat GF) ... and having to tell
him that we can't use this or that pan to make him a grilled cheese
sandwich or warm up a can of soup ... or going nuts when one of "my"
pans does get used for some evil gluten item ...

I finally broke down and got myself a present on the after-holidays sales.

I purchased this 10-piece stainless steel set of pans (click on:
<http://tinyurl.com/9xucg> ) made by Cuisinart.  Actually, I did not
get them so they could be exclusively MY pans ... but because they
have a shiny stainless steel surface that I feel I will be able to
get very clean, even if gluten-containing foods are cooked in them.
I am so weary of "non-stick" pans that really aren't non-stick -- and
I worry very much about the porous surfaces, and it seems that I
never feel like they are truly clean.

These Cuisinart pans are wonderful (and very pretty to boot -- though
that wasn't my goal), and I've read many positive consumer reviews
about them on various internet shopper sites.  The best part is that
although you will see a $400 price tag on the set on the Cuisinart
website -- the going price for them is about $149!  I picked up my
set at a Linens-n-Things end-of-year sale, and got an additional 20%
off.  Yep -- a 10-piece set of what seems to be very excellent
cookware for $120.  A small price to pay, in my humble opinion, for
feeling safe again about what does and does not get cooked onto our
pans.

I have nothing to do with this company or these pans.  Please, also
do not send me posts about never using the same pans to cook GF and
non-GF foods.  My personal feeling is that if I can get the surfaces
completely clean, it is OK for me (and I am very picky).  However, if
you do happen to feel that way, I think this is a great set of pans
to consider if you just wanted to get a set of pans for entirely
separate cooking of GF foods, without busting the bank.

If you want to find a good price on the internet, just put "10 piece
chef's classic cuisinart" into a search on Froogle or your favorite
shopping search engine -- and you'll get plenty of hits.  Maybe
you'll find them at an even cheaper price than I did. :-)