Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:44:05 +0000

Has anyone had problems with iriditis of the eye that reoccurs.  A 51 year old  brother who has had GI problems,  hodgekins in 1986, intestinal lymphoma 2004, osteoporosis with compression fractures of the spine 2006, now has iriditis of the eye. He had iriditis in high school as well. I have two genes for gluten sensitivity (The more recently discovered genes from Dr. Fine's Enterolab tests and his research which shows these genes produce the exact symptoms of celiac), one from my mother and one from my father which means that he may have 0 genes, one gene or two genes for gluten sensitivity/celiac.  I have had quite a time with celiac/gluten sensitivity for  the last 2 and 1/2 years and just the last few months am feeling a lot better.   He had the usual blood tests for celiac two years ago which were negative(no gene tests done) and an endoscopy with photographs but not biopsy which were negative, but since has discovered the osteoporosis with compression fractures and iriditis and recently has suffered from depression.  He has understandably been resistant to any more testing for celiac/gluten sensitivity (lymphoma treatment was long and difficult but is in remission at the present time).   I am just curious about the iriditis (chronic inflammation  of the iris) and any connection it may have to celiac.  Please feel free to send imformation about any other eye conditions which involve inflammation in those folks who have celiac/glutensensitivity as well.  Since I work with blind people this information is even more interesting for me.  Summary will follow.
Thank you as always for your interest, support and care.
Robin in Massachusetts