From:
Jeannie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:15:30 -0500

My grandson, age 6, has just been disgnosed as being gluten intolerant
by Enterolab.

In the past few years he has deveoped an eye tic. Although the tics have
been subtly present for several years, they seemed to get more
pronounced last year when he was receiving a homeopathic detoxing remedy
to see if that might help with his hyperness and moodiness. When the
remedy was discontinued the tics gradually subsided but didn't totally
go away.

Since starting the gluten free diet we notice that the tics have again
become more frequent. So we have two questions - and will happily
summarize responses.

    * Is there any connection between tics and celiac?
    * Is it possible that my grandson's recent increase in tics is a
      withdrawal symptom - and therefore a good sign as long as he
      sticks with the GF diet.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any thoughts on the subject.

Jeannie