From:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 05:06:17 +0000

I just wanted to share with everyone a great cookie recipe that my mom fixed
for me son.

She used the recipe on the back on Lucky Leaf Apple Butter and substituted
the 2 cups of flour with 2 cups of soy flour.  That is the only change she
made and the cookies were great.

2 cups GF Flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dates, quartered (optional)
1 cup seedless raisins
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup Lucky Leaf Apple Butter

Combine dry ingredients.  In another bowl, cream butter and sugar; stir in
egg, dates, and raisins.  Stir in dry ingredients alternately with apple
butter.  Chill dough for about 30 minutes.  Drop by rounded teaspoons onto
greased baking sheet 2 inches apart.  Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for
about 12 minutes.

To help prevent the cookies from spreading to much we chilled the dough
before dropping onto a baking sheet.  These cookies can stick together once
cooled so I always slip a sheet of wax paper between them.  And these freeze
well for later!!

Enjoy!