From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:26:29 -0700
This is a bit deceptive.  Power supplies can, and do, have problems
under load sometimes that won't be at all evident with no load on the
power supply.  There are special testers for power supply units that
apply a load for testing, or you could try a known-good ps.

Tony Mayer

Todd Schroeder wrote:

> 1. Power supply drop outs - since it would freeze at different stages of
>
> startup, could there be momentary drops in one or more of the PS
> voltages?  The PS tests ok now, but maybe under load it drops out
> occasionally.
>
> - Yeah, well, this was my first thought too.  I work for a franchise call
> ed Batteries Plus so voltage is a daily thing for me.  I would say someth
> ing is wrong if each of the power connecters weren't always reading a con
> sistant 12 volts, but they are all right on, everytime I check.  Not 11.9
> , or 12.1, 12 on the nose.  And again, the fan on the NX6600 was working,
>  power is flowing through the thing.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml