From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:54:32 -0800
Since the start up selection screen comes up, the HD seems to be operating.
Although you don't mention it, I assume that your operating system is XP.
Sometimes XP needs to relearn what components make up the computer
especially after installing a new MB. Once you are able to access the CD
drive, you should set it to be first in the boot order and use the XP
installation disk. Chose install and towards the beginning of the
installation it will recognize that XP is already on the computer and offer
you a repair option. Chose repair and after that, the computer should be
back to normal. And, if that does not work, the Microsoft knowledge site has
more detailed instructions on installing a replacement MB in an XP machine.

As to the CD drive problem, double check that the HD is set as master (or
master with slave) and the CD is set as slave. If they are already set that
way, try setting up the HD and CD as "cable select" and see if that solves
the problem. As an alternative, set the CD as a master on the secondary IDE
channel.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer