From:
GeorgeMary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:04:27 -0700
I need help locating places the wake on ring can be disabled.  I have
built a pc chips MB, sempron 2600, XP SP2 system with 512 M or ram.
Just a cheeep system for light use.  I used a US robotics 56k voice,
fax, Win 1806 modem that I had from an old project, because we have no
other service available than phone.  The problem is that everytime the
phone rings, it turns on the box, even after it has been shut off (ATX
power supply).  I am using the XP drivers and have looked on
windriver.com for updates, but none are newer or better.  I have gone in
BIOS power mgmt and checked to make sure that wake on lan and wake on
ring are disabled.I have also looked in the modem properties for
someplace to turn it off and in the network dial properties, but maybe
don't know what I am looking for.  I am at a loss to figure out what is
going on.   Anyone have any ideas I can try?

George Skokan ([log in to unmask])