From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:02:27 -0800
I think it depends on what you use  your monitor for. If you are a graphics
artist or video developer, who has a high end CRT, then you have an
expert's eye, and you probably will have a tough time finding a LCD that
meets your approval. LCD's are great for text, but still aren't as good as
a CRT's for Graphics and video Pros. Well, maybe in the very high end.

One problem is that they have native resolutions that you can't switch
around. Another is there are no real adjustments, like, for example,
temperature, that allow for a calibration of color. And finally you have to
be looking straight at them to appreciate all their qualities.

I use multi-monitors and have not found any LCD that approaches the
quality, and usefulness, of my Mitsubishi 2040u's, which were, in their
time, pretty expensive.

However, I have read that the Dell 24 inch LCD's are pretty impressive, and
display the desktop real estate of two 21 inch CRT's at their native
resolution, but they are over a 1000 dollars.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

At 08:21 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
>I just switched from a 15" CRT to a 19" LCD monitor.  I've tried two, a
>KDS and a Samsung.  Neither one looks as nice as the CRT.  They are both
>too bright.  And the text doesn't look crisp enough.  I've used Clear
>Type, but it hasn't helped.
>
>I'm using a year old HP computer running WinXP2.
>
>Should I spend more money.  Are there minimum settings I should be
>looking for?  Any ideas?
>
>Diane Kroeckel
>Wheeling, IL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: