From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:50:11 -0500
Hello All,

At work we have a Dlink DSM-602H Digital Media Storage drive attached to the network for extra storage. We also have our Quickbooks company data file on it so every computer that has Quickbooks installed has access to the file at the same time. Recently when we ran a report in Quickbooks, the date of the report would be 1/21/1970 which would screw up the numbers in the reports. I checked the properties of the data file and the created, accessed, and modified dates were all the 1970 date. As a test, I created a text file and then copied it to the Dlink drive. When I checked the properties, the dates had changed. Every file that gets copied to the Dlink drive gets the date changed. I can copy files to and from any other computer on the network and the file dates don't change, only when any computer copies any file to the Dlink does the date change to the 1970 date.

I've checked the Dlink for viruses, upgraded firmware, ran scandisk, re-formatted, etc. It still has that date change problem. There is no date/time setup utillity in the configuration setup which is accessed via browser by entering the ip address.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dennis Thiel

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>