Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:29:54 -0800
Your symptoms sound like dirty contacts. The sticking backspace is probably
some dirt on the mechanism. To fix the sticky problem would require
mechanical cleaning of the mechanism. There are some electronic spray
cleaners that might work, but if you can disassemble the mechanism and give
it a good cleaning, that would be best.

The double entry is probably caused by bad contacts, so cleaning the
contacts would be appropriate. You will need to disassemble the contact area
of the keyboard and try some contact spray cleaner (try Radio Shack or other
electronics supply store for some). How to disassemble the keyboard depends
on the make and model. There should be some screws on the underside of the
keyboard that will allow you to open the shell and then see from there how
to take the rest apart.

Peter