ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:09:06 -0600
Mulling this around a bit in the back of my mind,sort of simmering on it,
and then bringing the question to boil in the front of my mind, I came up
with more than one thing I wondered about. Then I realized that I needed to
chunk it down to one. I also noticed some of my wonderings were not
necessarily for Jesus, but perhaps more for the Father, although one God
yet Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That in itself, 3 in 1 is probably worth
asking about, but again if I were to sit with Jesus over coffee, I could
envision myself asking...

When you prayed in the garden, before they came to arrest you, three
times,  when you said "Father if this cup can be removed, but your will be
done, not mine", at that point in time, was it possible that you could well
have decided not to, just as the "first Adam" had made a choice to disobey?
And if so, would that be it for mankind as we know it? Or was this entire
fall and redemption thing predestined? Or because of your holiness being
born of the Holy Spirit, was it spiritually, emotionally and physically
impossible for that to occur.

Sort of a multi-faceted question, but I wouldn't know how else to ask the
depth of what might could have been.

Brad