C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:33:12 -0800
Hey guys,
there is a way to bring bp way down, and that is meditation. very easy,
find a dark area where you will not be disturbed. Either lie down or sit in
a recliner. Focus on your breathing. Listen to your breath as it comes into
your nose, and listen to it as it leaves your nose or mouth. If your mind
is racing, just bring it back gently to your breathing. start with 10
minutes a day, and work your way up to half an hour. If you need a focus
more than the sound of your breathing, try thinking "om" On the in breath
and om on the out breath. The mind can only think of one thing at a time.
Gradually as you get used to focussing on your breathing, your stress level
will drop.

From a former meditation teacher, yes, dear ol' mag.

"What is real but compassion, as we move from birth to death?"
~~Greg Brown~~