C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
STEVEN FILLINICH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:55:56 -0700
THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DECIDE,  CAN I LIVE ON MY OWN? DO I HAVE THE INCOME TO MAKE IT HAPPEN? IF YOUR ANSWER IS    YES THEN GO FOR IT    TALK TO FAMILY, FRIENDS SEE IF THIER THOUGHTS MATCH YOURS.  ABOVE ALL BE HONEST TO YOURSELF,  GOOD LUCK.

                                            STEVE

Kathy Jo Pink <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Joy Welan wrote:

>I'm confused... You don't like going to Cornerstone, and you don't
>like living with your parents. At the same time, you don't want to
>stop going there, and you don't want to stop living with them. What
>is it that you do want? What's your plan for making that happen?
>
>~Joy~

I like living with my parents. I don't know what I want. I guess
ideally , I want to live in my own place (apartment?). If that does not
work I will go to an adult family home, a group home, or a nuring home
(a nursing home would probably be my last choice.) I don't have a plan
to make it happen? Any ideas, anyone?