From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:39:20 -0700
Hi Craig,

Unfortunately when it comes to laptops, there is no standard for
motherboards. Because of the constraints of size, power, and weight, each
one is pretty much custom made for each model.

Your best bet would be to consult Sony repair. You might be able to send it
to their repair facility for a minimum diagnostic fee and have them tell you
if your problems can be easily corrected, or would cost more than it is
worth to fix.

Russ Poffenberger