From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:53:44 -0400
Gateway 1500 with P4, 1.5 GHz, Windows XP.
I replaced the power supply on this 4-5 year old computer about a year ago.
My friend brought it to me because of intermittent freezing. I kept it
overnight, but couldn't get it to freeze. There were no significant
entries in Event viewer. I reinstalled the adapter and ethernet card.
  A couple of days later, he brought it back-in the meantime, it had
fallen over hard in his car. The cpu fan is no longer turning, but the
power supply fan is. (I thought that was impossible). There's a green
light on the board. The power supply checks as good.
Now, I get no post. I removed and replaced the memory, video card (Used
a known good one), and all pci cards.
I get nada-no beeps, nothing.
I assume the motherboard is dead, but I was wondering if there's a
definitive test. I suppose it could be the chip, due to the cpu fan not
turning.
Thanks.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml