Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:58:48 -0800
Dean already did a good job of addressing your problems. I have one more
item to add from my own experience. On my new computer, one of the SATA
cables turned out to have an intermittent contact. When it "acted up", the
computer would lock up for a while, even during access to BIOS. It caused me
some grief searching for the cause till I finally found it. I even got
another hard drive to check it out. Actually, it was a good excuse to get
more storage!

So, check your drive connections, and perhaps try replacing the cable
connecting the drive.

Good luck.

Peter