NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Coons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:10:06 -0700
So, I’ve been Lactose Intolerant for 15 years (I’m 38 now), but just a month or so ago, I
developed an allergy to Soy… I’ve been managing it with diet and I’ll be seeing my Dr. soon.  My
Lactose Intolerance was digestive, but this new sensitivity is a sore throat and itchiness in the
throat which is a bit more disconcerting, so now my milk intolerance is the lesser of two evils!
I’ve always been a label reader, but now I’m even more conscientious…soy lecithin is in
everything! I haven’t tried soy sauce yet, but I know that I get a reaction from soybean oil, and
who would have thought that Mountain Dew has Brominated Vegetable Oil, which (no surprise) is
soybean oil.  I'm off wheat right now, just because there is soy in most breads, but I'll probably
start baking my own bread here pretty soon.

Just needed to vent a bit, and see if anyone else was in a similar situation.

Mike Coons
Kansas City, KS
declandog-at-yahoo-dot-com

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail