ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:54:31 -0800
We go to concerts,and picnic in summer, My son enjoys fishing.  He never
caught anything but it is fun anyway. He use to listen to classical pieces
and try to play them on the piano by ear.  He did a good job to I thought.
and we do a little listening to old time radio.  My son enjoys watching
science documentaries on the science channel, and things on discovery times,
I listen to those with him.  We have an omnimax theater at the science
center and we watch documentaries and see exhibits there.  The last one we
saw was an interesting one concerning the human body.  I got to touch a
genuine human brain  in some state of preservation as it was sort of
calcified.  I have played chess in the past but never with my children, and
not so much for the competition but to master the chess notations and to get
myself out of thinking within a certain framework.  I do that thus limiting
myself.  The study of nature teaches me God never limits himself as do I
sometimes.  I love documentaries about bats and termites as they are both
blind, and the study of the bat teaches me beauty is merely subjective.
They are truly loving creatures, though horribly misunderstood.  The baby
bat is one of the strongest animals for it's size as it must hold on to it's
mother as she fly's as she is unable to hold her offspring.  Vultures also
make one of the best parents in the animal kingdom.  I believe they only
have one offspring a year and they care for that offspring unceasingly till
it is well along in it's development.    Termites also grow mushrooms and
their hills are always kept at a constant 78 degrees Fahrenheit and provide
homes for other animals as well as for themselves.  I enjoy considering the
ant and her ways.  I use to compete but saw the harm it did me.  I was
measuring my standards against those of others and working at my own
improvement based  on the performance of others rather than on my own past
performance.  My competition was scholastic.  I was rather proud of having
made the National Honor Society in high school in an age before the ada and
al;all the assists we disabled have these days to complete scholarly tasks.
I shouldn't have been proud as that was what caused Lucifer's fall from
grace.  We must never try to rise above our station based on the performance
of others.   By the way did you know masterpiece theater is audio described?
There is a good series now playing, Henry the eighth.  Now there was a
reprobate if ever there was one.