ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:55:00 -0500
Brad,
You make good points here, but one of chris's problems is that he has
convinced himself that he isn't doing anything wrong unless he either
gets caught or can't get out of the consequences.  when he was in our
home, he was constantly getting away with stuff because we couldn't
stop him.  I couldn't stop him physically and if Greg had tried to
stop him physically, the system would have come down on Chris's
side.  All it takes is a charge of abuse and in today's court system,
the parent is automatically wrong.  Now Chris is thumbing his nose
at, not just us, but the legal system.  Sure, a police man can't tell
just by looking that Chris is driving illegally.  I understand that,
but I know and I have a really hard time just letting someone get
away with something illegal, especially when it seems to feed into
his belief that he's doing nothing wrong.  I don't know what we'll
do.  We haven't even heard from him all week so we don't know what
his plans are.  I wish that he would just let Greg pick him up on the
way home from the post office on Saturday.  That would solve
everything, but Chris has this thing about not wanting to be
dependant on us any more to prove that he can make it in the big
world.  Funny, he's almost totally dependant on Nicki's  family and
we know it, but I guess that that doesn't count.
Kathy