ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 22:38:51 -0600
Hi Brad,

I guess I'm suppose to answer these questions. <smile>

See my answers below each question.

>Brad writes, 1. Do you think there is anything wrong with sharing a glass
>of wine with
>your spouse over dinner ?
Pat writes, No, there is nothing wrong with that.

>Brad writes, 2. Do you think there is anything wrong with sharing a glass
>of wine with
>the group before, during or after a Bible study?

Pat writes, Yes, I am not sure if it  is proper to drink wine at a Bible
Study, but I could be wrong. I personally don't have a problem doing that,
but I know lots of Christians would frown on it.

>3. If the two questions above have two different answers   what justifies
>the difference? If they have the same, what justifies  their similarity?

There's nothing wrong with having a glass of wine regardless of the event,
as long as it is appropriate and that it's not a social event where no one
is drinking wine.

I was the only one that drank wine at my 53rd birthday party last year.
lol. Oh, woops, I forgot, there was one other person drinking wine with me.

Pat Ferguson