BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

B-P Golden Oldies: "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 07:08:59 -0500
30 perms represents 10x more water vapor transmission through a film of
specified thickness per unit of time under specified temperature and humidity
differential. Or the short version: Yeah, it's ten times more breathable than
3 perms.

1 perm is a somewhat arbitrary value that is generally considered to be the
dividing line between breathable and non-breathable. Materials like epoxy
coatings and terra cotta glaze (unless cracked or spalled) are close to zero.

Mike E.

  So are 30-50 perms  10x