John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:55:42 -0500
OK, I had heard it would replace the 706 though the 706 being as popular as
it is, would stay on the market for a while after the 7000 comes out but
that's just what I heard back in July, things can change as we all know.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Buddy Brannan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: IC-7000 receivs FCC Certification

It isn't replacing the 706. The 706 will still be manufactured. This
is an addition to the line, as it were.

I have the manual for the 7000, forget where it came from, but I
googled it anyway. It may well have lots of menus. The only things
that talk are S-meter, frequency, and mode. The menus don't
necessarily need to talk, so long as there's a beep somewhere to tell
what the default settings are and where the menu begins or ends. And
of course, it is computer programmable with the computer programming
thingy.