VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:27:58 -0500
Hi.  Lisa McManus's recent message prompted me to finally ask my little
question:

I'm running Norton Internet Security 2003 and JAWS 5; and I notice that
when I look in the system tray, JAWS shows NIS as being disabled.  This is
the default setting - the way it is when I first boot up my
machine.  Thinking this was odd, I had a sighted person check it for me and
was told that the program is actually enabled.  When I hit Enter on the
program from within the system tray, JAWS then reports the program as being
enabled.  To me this, in theory, would mean that it's disabled, but then
I'm not sure.  Has anyone else running this combination of programs run
into this same situation?  I get nervous when JAWS shows the program as
being enabled and will usually reboot the machine.
Thanks.
Rachel