ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vicki and the Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 07:57:45 -0700
Phil,

I can relate to all those merry Christmas's and how good it felt to have
spoken those merry Christmas wishes.

I heard happy holidays lots at the office this year.  But I also heard merry
Christmas this year.  And people didn't say it quietly either.  I said it
too, as I've always said, and will continue to say.  A couple of years ago,
a manager heard me say it and gave me quite a sound rebuke for it.  I told
her, that with all due respect, I'd wish whoever happy Hanukah if I knew
they were celebrating Hanukah, but it was Christmas for me.  She told me
that I might offend someone.  I told her that I was sorry if I would offend
someone, and that I was at least equally offended to have my freedom of
speech be taken away as well as my Christmas.  As out spoken as I was about
it, I thought I'd see trouble over it.  I didn't for which I was glad.  But
I noticed this year, how determined people were to keep merry Christmas in
the work place.