ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:53:40 -0700
Kathy,

I talk tough but after this morning, I believe the ultimate decision will
have to be made, that is, telling her to move out.  I don't want to do that
but I have a minimum of three other people involved that are aware of
everything from about day one with Gretchen.

Based upon what you and Greg are discussing, and Sandy and I have had those
talks dozens of times, I would do two things.  First, I have one thing I
won't tolerate from Gretchen and I reminded her of this last week when we
talked.  If I find out she is breaking the law, I will call the police
myself.  This would be hard to do because Gretchen has no more chances by
the court system.  She will go to prison, not jail, but prison.

Secondly, today my daughter complained how she "hates" every Thanksgiving
and Christmas.  This implies, of course, we ruin every Thanksgiving and
Christmas she has.  Thank you very much.  I told Sandy, Gretchen is no
longer welcome in our home for Thanksgiving and Christmas starting right
now.  In the case of Chris not liking his gifts?  I'd take them back from
him and give them to someone who appreciates them.  If I couldn't do it
myself, I'd have somebody help me.

Additionally, Sandy and I converse with many other Christians about these
situations just to make sure we aren't crazy.  By the way, we aren't crazy.
Yes, we have made mistakes.  So what else is new but, as I always tell
Gretchen, I've never been arrested, I've never been to jail, I don't have an
addiction problem, and I don't have a criminal record either.  She has all
of those things.  It makes little difference because she simply cannot, at
these times, be reasoned with.  Unfortunately, there are two little boys
involved so it makes such decisions many times more difficult.

Phil.