From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:01:03 -0800

I've used Primal Defense w/o any adverse reactions, but it's so expensive!
I used the bulk powder because it was the more cost effective way, but YUK!
it's nasty tasting.  I've also used quite a few other commercially prepared
probiotics.  I got very poor results if any at all from all of them.  I
probably spent $30 to $50 a month for years on various probiotics, with very
substandard results.

But, thankfully, all that changed when a fellow listmate, Heidi, introduced
me to the cheapest, most effective and most delicious probiotic on earth --
KEFIR!  Kefir is a cultured milk beverage that can be made at home from a
little plant like starter called KEFIR GRAINS.  Once you obtain a supply of
kefir grains, they self propagate at home if properly cared for.  From then
on, your probiotics costs only the price of the milk you buy.

My family has experienced some great benefits from drinking kefir.  My son
came home from the Philippines with a terrible case of jungle crotch rot
that wouldn't go away for several years no matter what he tried.  He started
drinking a strawberry/kefir smoothie every day for six weeks and voila! the
itchy rash disappeared.  That was 3 years ago and the itchy rash has never
returned even though he doesn't alway drink kefir.

For me personally, drinking kefir has significantly reduced the number &
severety of allergic food reactions.  Kefir also reduces the amount of
bloating I have.  Drinking kefir also has eliminated the recurrent feminine
yeast infections that used to be my norm.

I make kefir from goat's milk becuase I'm allergic to cow's milk.  I drink
about one cup a day.

To learn more about REAL kefir & find a source of live kefir grains search
the web for "Dom's kefir website."  Dom's site is non-commercial & the most
authoritative source of information I've found on this topic.

Valerie in Tacoma