From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:45:09 -0600

Hello,

I have a friend whose 12 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with Crohn's and
rheumatoid arthritis.  She has shown no improvement over the year since her
DX in June.  I suspect she may also have CD but the doc is resistant to
doing a blood test.  She didn't find cd on the scope last year and is not
open to that suggestion.  I personally think from her symptoms that it is
very likely that it is CD.  However, I am aware that these conditions share
symptoms with CD so I know it is confusing for the family.

At this point the doc is suggesting treatment with remicaid - but the dd
hasn't been infection free long enough to start the process.  Has anyone out
here had experience with remicaid?  Or with being told you have crohn's or
arthritis and then finding the CD.  I am scrambling for info to the help the
mom find an answer - but the docs seem determined that the answer is firm
and don't wish to continue to search.  The parents are very frustrated.

Any words of wisdom or comfort out there?

Thanks in advance,

Becky