Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:28:29 -0500

I received a lot of helpful information to help make our upcoming trip
a little more comfortable for my 14yo son.

Here is the info I received:

-my daughter visited my son in st pete and i mailed down gf pasta,
bread and pancake mix ahead of her..they ate out at a Carraba's ..they
have a GF menu  and are in the area

-The PF Chang's is in the Westshore shopping center in Tampa and is
very popular.  I have eaten there several times and only once  had any
problems -- on a night when it was totally packed.  If you can find a
time when it is not extremely busy you should be fine.  The Water-to-
Go on the  resource list carries Kinnikinnick's products and I believe
they have the pizza crusts.  The only other option that I am aware of
is the
Whole Foods down in Sarasota (1451 First Street, Sarasota, FL 34236,
941.955.8500
I also rec'd a list (with a nice variety of local stores and
restaurants) from a local Celiac Group member.  If you would like this
email me privately and I'll send it to you.  It is too long to send
with this summary.

-We found a health food store in the Indian Beach area (near
Clearwater)called the Health Nut that had a huge selection of gf
items, at much better prices than I see at home (DC). I have also
found that Publix(big FLA grocery chain) carries a fair number of gf
items such as cereal, pasta, and cookies.  In the  stores I have been
in they are not gathered in one area, but spread throughout the store,
so you have to hunt them down.

-If you haven't already, check out The Essential Gluten-Free
Restaurant Guide and Triumph Dining Cards at www.triumphdining.com. I
think you'll find it helpful for identifying restaurants in those areas
(this requires a fee)

While I plan on taking some supplies with us, I feel confident that we
can find things for Keller should we need to.

Thanks so much!