From:
Jeannie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:14:35 -0500

This may be a subject that has been covered before but I am having
trouble learning to use the archives.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the stool tests for celiac.
The one I've looked into is from Enterolab.com.

    * Are the results reliable?
    * Is it actually true that one can get accurate results from them
      even if one has been off gluten for months?
    * Is the "gene" aspect to the tests useful, especially since there
      are many suspected celiacs in our family?
    * Does the absorption aspect to the test give good results.
    * Is there a better lab than Entero?

We're having a tough time getting my 6 yr old grandson to submit to a
blood draw in the lab. Yesterday he was so upset that the technician
refused to do the draw. Jess is now looking into valium for the next try.
We are also wondering how to get results for my husband who has been off
gluten for a year but who still suffers from gas and early morning
discomfort in his intestional area.
We are also trying to find a way of getting the rest of the family
tested without having each member have to make a separate doctor's
appointment.

Thankyou  - I'll summarize.

Jeannie