From:
Ellen Allard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Allard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:45:12 -0800

This list is simply wonderful. Since emailing yesterday asking for editing suggestions for my letter to family and friends who invite us to their house for a meal, I have received about 20 replies! Almost all of them were sweet, kind, considerate and supportive.

  In my letter, I mentioned spice blends, in particular curry and Mrs. Dash (just two examples that I could think of) and I realize now that I should not have included them. Certainly there are curry blends (curry is really a blend of several spices) that are GF and I was told that Mrs. Dash is GF. So, my apologies on that one. I will be much more careful in the future when mentioning companies. I certainly don't want to discredit a particular product without knowing for sure whether it is GF or not. Same with marinaded items.

  In retrospect, what I failed to mention in my original post is that my husband and I travel for our work. We are often in the position of going to restaurants or to the homes of the people who have hired us for the work we do. So while other Celiacs might be able to eat at home or be able to bring food with them to functions, I will not always have the freedom to do that. I can certainly always pack a bag with non-perishables to bring with us. But when we are away from home for a few days and are eating meals at a restaurant or someone's house, and food prep is involved, that is where it can get tricky. That is my biggest hurdle right now. That is the purpose for the letter.

  I will soon evaluate all the wonderful responses and edit my original letter. I will then post it to the list as a summary. Again, thank you.

  Ellen

Regards, Ellen
  http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/