Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 05:48:26 +0000

Question about erythrocyte Mineral Analysis:

Results from my latest erythrocyte Mineral Analysis arrived yesterday. This reflects mineral status over a period of 4 months.  (Other mineral tests are affected by daily dietary fluctuations) Since my weight has come up from 95 to 112 and multiple symptoms are pretty much gone, and I am feeling a lot better except for the general tiredness most of the time, I really expected the Mineral Analysis to improve from the one that was done 18 months ago when I was really sick and feeling terrible all of the time.  All the food I eat is really healthy with loads of fruits and vegetables, chicken and fish etc. I have been taking a very good easily absorbed multi vitamin twice daily and a good Magnesium Malate Chelate 250 to 500mg daily as tolerated, and calcium 250mg (haven't gotten higher with this yet).
Chromium, copper, Magnesium, Potassium, Vanadium, Zinc on my report are all lower than they were when I was feeling very ill and all below the low limit and Selenium is low but the same as before.  The toxic elements Aluminum, Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead and Mercury were all fine on last test, but are even lower than before which in the toxic elements is good to be lower.  What does this mean?  Malabsorption is still going on as I had another test for that in late October.
The doc is refering me to another doc who specializes in nutrition and back to the nutritionist who has been seeing me
frequently.  My vitamin panal test of 16 vitamins should be back this week also so don't know if they are low yet.  How could these mineral numbers be going down instead of up when I really believe I am doing better?
Thanks to all,
Robin in Massachusetts