Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:31:44 +0000

Summary2Enterolab
10.  Family thinks Enterolab is the most definitive, non invasive, inexpensive testing available today.  Son and daughter both tested with different symptoms and different results.  5 year old grandson tested with negative results on everything.
11.  This person is convinced that Enterolab offers the best test.  Dr. Fine's fecal testing is way more accurate and sensitive than any blood test.  The blood tests are notoriously unreliable-they have something like 50% false negative results and false positives are not uncommon either.
12.  No better or more accurate tests in this country than at Enterolab.  I wouldn't use anything but!.
13.  Know nothing about York lab.  However a mainstream physician whom this person knows in town recommends Enterolab to his patients who are positive to gluten.  He feels Enterolab tests are accurate and dependable.  He has been keeping track with Enterolab for at least 4 years.  Person has met people at national conventions who have also used Enterolab for food sensitivity testing.  They have great success with Enterolab and feel it is accurate.

My decision:  I had testing done at Enterolab.  All my previous blood test had been negative as I was already gluten free since Feb 2005, although unknowingly was still injesting hidden gluten every day for 1 and1/2 years before then.  One test that I had one year ago showed malabsorption of fat.   My gene results were DQB1 *0301, 0603.  "Many physicians would not give you a diagnosis of Celiac Disease no matter what your other test results were.  Dr. Fine is one of the physicians, however, who believes that at least 1% of all Celiac patients have a gene other than DQB1 *0201 or 0302 these being widely considered the main Celiac genes. His research has also determined that the DQB1 * 0301 gene can act exactly like a Celiac gene in symptom manifestation as well as predisposing to other intestinal disorders, such as microscopic colitis.  Dr. Fine only tests the genes at the DQB1 location as research has shown that these are more specific than the DQA genes".
Even though I have been completely gluten free since Feb 2005, and partially gluten free for one year before that as I did not know about hidden gluten, my Enterolab tests came back as follows.
 Gluten Sensitivity  Testing:
Fecal Antigliadin IgA positive at 26 units (Normal Range<10 units)
Fecal Antitissue Transglutamine IgA positive at 18 units (Normal Range <10 units)
Microscopic Fecal Fat Score positive at 509 units (Normal Range<300 units)
Food Sensitivity Testing:
Fecal anti-casein IgA antibody positive at 14 units (Normal Range <10 units)
Fecal anti-ovalbumin(chicken egg) IgA antibody 8 units (Normal Range<10 units)
Fecal anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 9 units (Normal Range<10 units)
Fecal anti soy IgA antibody positive at 13 units (Normal Range <10 units)
So finally after 2 and 1/2 years and many, many negative tests of all kinds, this report has the answers- I had already stopped dairy a few years ago except a little butter occasionally, but had substituted soy products instead of dairy and was unknowingly sensitive to soy.  So now I have added soy free to the gluten free, dairy free, low fat, low citrus, no tomato diet and continue with the yeast free due to systemic candida one year ago.  But every month I am feeling a little better and now without soy I expect to continue to feel better.  I plan to have Enterolab do annual testing to be sure my tests continue to improve.  And I am encouraging members of my family to have testing done.  I have two daughters and six grandchildren.  Enterolabs web site is [log in to unmask]  The web site also has lots of information about gluten sensitivity and some of Dr. Fine's research articles as well as an article he wrote called "Before the Villi are Gone".
I cannot say enough about Enterolab and Dr. Fine's research.  I am very grateful for the friends at the celiac site who recommended Enterolab and I will not hesitate to recommend Enterolab to others.
Thanks to everyone,
Robin in Massachusetts