From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:07:01 -0500

Thanks to all who answered.  Most suggested the website at the University
of Chicago, another was for Dr. Holland's website, and some for Delphi.
They are all included here with their links.

1.   http://www.homepage.mac.com/sholland/celiac/celiacfollowup.html

The above page has the best set of info I've seen on follow up.  I take it
with my to my primary every year.  I still need to double check she's
actually ordered the right tests, but that's better than nothing!  :)

2.   The website for University of Chicago has good information about
this.  Go to  www.celiacdisease.net/About%20Celiac%
20Disease/antibodytesting2.htm
and scroll down.  It is Fact Sheet #7.

3.   No listing or discussion of the bloodwork would be complete without
mention of the false negative rates. The last line of the below clip from
the archives says it all.
Please include this as part of your summary, as it is an issue that comes
up over and over again, and people really need to be reminded that the
blood tests are not infallible - you can have CD despite a negative blood
test. I may be mistaken, but I think it is this same tTG that is used to
determine if there is dietary error occurring, which of course means people
might think they are not making mistakes when in fact they are and that
could be the cause of continued symptoms, or, perhaps worse since it won't
lead to further investigation, they may not have obvious symptoms and
assume they are doing everything right...

4.   I would suggest you to ask your questions at this other excellent site
too:  Delphi CD Forum Support Group:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

There are very kind & knowledgeable people there, doctors included.
Moreover, I have voluntarily posted thousands of GF recipes, among them
my "Best of Mireille":  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?
msg=14862.2

We also have quite an extensive Gluten-free Product lists, updated about
every 3 months.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Bev
Mansfield, OH