From:
Ann Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:33:47 -0500

The new food allergen labeling law will make your celiac life simpler. But
there are aspects of the new legislation that celiacs need to know about to
make sure the food they eat is safe.

No one can help you understand the new labels better than Gluten-Free
Living. We have spent months studying the law and investigating its
potential impact on your food choices. Now, we've collected and packaged our
labeling stories in one convenient document that is free if you subscribe to
Gluten-Free Living by February 8, 2006.

You'll learn the quickest way to read a new label. We'll tell you if the
food you buy in a restaurant will be affected. You'll understand why meat
and poultry are labeled differently from other foods. And we'll update you
on progress toward a "gluten-free" label that will be defined by the Food
and Drug Administration.

In fact, your new subscription, which will start with our next issue, will
always keep you right on top of the latest labeling developments. In the
next issue, we'll tackle the thorny problem of cross contamination and how
the federal government is finally recognizing the threat it poses to those
on special diets. And we will fill you in on details about oats that are not
contaminated by gluten.

There is much more in our upcoming issue. We’ll address the worrisome lack
of dietary compliance by some celiacs, include pages of answers to your
trickiest food questions, and keep you up to date on medical progress and
current celiac news.

Ann Whelan
Editor/Publisher
Gluten-Free Living