Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:45:11 -0800

Thanks for all the responses to my See's candy question. This was the most comprehensive, current, and valid answer so I thought I would share with all.

Thanks Roxie!

Jane in CA

See’s Candies

Last verified 10/05

www.Sees.com

The following email was received 10/24/05 from a See's representative:

"Our Quality Assurance Manager advises that almost all our candies have the potential to cross contact with other foods that contain gluten because we use common equipment to manufacture many of our confections.

At this time there are twelve (12) items offered by See's that our Quality Assurance Manager would consider gluten free:

   Almond Royals

   Toffee-ettes

   Assorted Sugar Sticks

   Sugar Twists

   See's Dark Chocolate with Almonds Candy Bar

   See's Milk Chocolate with Almonds Candy Bar

   See's Milk Chocolate with Toffee Candy Bar

   See's Milk Chocolate Candy Bar

   See's Milk Chocolate Novelties - balls, eggs, clowns, ghosts, leprechauns, hearts, solid rabbits, pumpkins, solid Santas, coins, etc.)

   Milk Chocolate Drops

   Super Chocolate Chips

   Fancy Mixed Nuts

I hope this information is helpful.  Thank you for your interest in See's Candies.

Denise Becerra
See's Candies Customer Service