From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:37:20 -0500
I seem to be averaging about 50% with MFJ.

The first MFJ1020 active antenna I bought from them self oscillated
something fierce and I sent it back.  Likewise, the R-X Noise Bridge that I
bought from them wasn't accurate within a mile.  I've had really bad
experiences with their HT antennas.  And my MFJ1270 Packet TNC put so much
noise in the shack that I couldn't hear the packet signals that I was
trying to receive.  And, I just related my trouble with the auto tuner,
which was a pretty good chunk of change.

On the plus side, the Active Audio CW filter (the CWF2) that I had as a
technician in the late 70's worked very well.  My oil filled dummy load was
also a good purchase, and the second MFJ1020 was ok.  My MFJ switching
supply has been very reliable.

Still, I've had enough trouble with their stuff that I'm disinclined to try
anything else of theirs.

73, de Lou K2LKK