CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:08:32 -0700
Nice idea, but this assumes that those in positions of power would support changes to the system so that the public.can be empowered to throw them out.  As for the amendment, first you need to get it through both houses of Congress and then, if I am not mistaken, through three-quarters of the state legislatures within a specific period of time.  Will those exercising power enthusiastically join your crusade to change the status quo and facilitate stripping themselves of their power?  Now then, what was Tony saying about electoralism?  : )   Dan