C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bettina Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:11:53 -0700
I was going to get to go visit my two grown nieces and their families for my birthday and holidays in Slidell.  All those plans have changed, but fortunately everyone got out safe and their properties sustained minimal damage.  One of the things I was so looking forward to was to taste some of the foods I've heard so much about.  For those of you cable watchers and food enthusaists, tune into "Emeril Live" on the Food Network sometime.    Emeril Lagacci (sp?) is a famous cook who often demonstrates how to prepare Louisiana type dishes.  He owns a restaurant or two in the New Orlenas area. Guess I have to hold my taste buds in check until I can make the trip out there.

Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Mike, you are correct, I was being Verrry cynical. But here we are playing
the blame game when the victims of Katrina will be evacuees for at least 2
years. I really look for the briight side. If you haven't had real New
Orleans food, you have missed a real delight. Maybe after they recover from
the trauma of being uprooted, some of the peoplle could bring a flavor of
New Orleans to the communities in which they are being rellocated. I would
pay good money for a good plate of fried crawfish as only a cajun can cook
up.

Bobby