From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:58:12 -0400
Phil,

Another jolt that'll wake you up is the one you get when you touch
one piece of equipment that's grounded and one that isn't.  I had
that problem when I made my first novice contact.  Picture a grounded
Heath DX40, an ungrounded Heath AR2 receiver, and a TR switch
consisting of a knife switch precariously perched on the operating
table, and a very nervous Novice trying desperately to pick out one
weak signal from a mess of QRM on 40 meters.  I grabbed the knife
switch to change from receive to transmit and ZAP! A nice little RF
burn.  Needless to say, the next day I grounded everything in the shack.

Steve