From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:44:15 -0500
Howard,

Don't have a 480, but a common problem with  TS-2000 users is trying to use
the wrong cable.  The 2000 requires a straight through and not a null modem
cable.  Check your manual and be sure that  you are using the correct cable
for the 480.

I'd also confirm that the baud rates are the same in the software and in
your rig's menu.

I'll leave any further to someone who has the same rig as you.    I did try
a version of Ham Radio Deluxe a while back and while it does work,  I found
it a bit  tough to navigate with JAWS.  Hope  it works for you and it suits
your needs.  It's a lot of software for free.

Good luck, Steve KW3A