From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:47:59 -0500
Hi,

I'll probably upset many of you, but I find nothing in this new rig that
excites me.  Since the conversion to SSB and the beginnings of packet,
amateur radio has been left in the dust by technology.  Where are digital
transmission modes?  Where are transmissions by spread spectrum or laser?
Where are the new exciting things that hams were noted for in years past?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up on amateur radio, but I'm not excited
by amateur radio  as I once was.  It is no longer the frontier, the cutting
edge or the challenge that it once was at least for me.

Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR