From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:27:28 -0400
        Lou:

I did an apples to apples comparison today between the Ic718 and Ic746 on my
portable Buddipole antenna, and with an SWR reading of 1.1 to 1 on both
radios, got about 100 watts out of each rig.

So now, I know there's nothing wrong with the 746, as I originally had
feared.

Now, I have to figure out why my output power ratings are lower when using
my home shack antennas.  They all go from the shack either out to my back
yard or to my tower, and many of the feedlines are quite long.  Maybe I',m
getting some loss in there somewhere.

On another note:  When I take the power readings with the 746, I always turn
the auto-tuner off.

So, we're making progress of sorts here.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ