Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:44:20 -0500

Good news!

Very soon we'll have yet another choice for GF beer in the US.  Hambleton Ale in the UK has just come out with a GF ale.  You can read more about it on the following sites:

http://wheatfreeamerica.com/2005/10/21/todays-the-day-gf-british-ale-released

http://www.hambletonales.co.uk/

Bierkraft, a Brooklyn-based local gourmet shop with a huge variety of beers, just confirmed that they expect to begin carrying the GF Hambleton Ale in the next month or two.  If Bierkraft can do it, I assume other stores can as well.  What's more, they're also keeping an eye on an Australian GF ale as well as the new Lakefront GF beer produced in Wisconsin.  They had been stocking Bard's Tale Ale until September and are still waiting for production to resume.  Currently, Ramapo Valley is the only GF beer they carry, but they're clearly committed to serving celiac customers.  For more information, you can visit the store's website:  www.bierkraft.com

For the record, I'm just a fan of more options and higher visibility for celiacs.  I have no commercial affiliation with this store or any of the brands I mentioned.

Paul
Brooklyn, NY