From:
arline black <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
arline black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:05:02 +0000

To attempt to further summarize, I first read about this product on an email
list that involves women with Bacterial Vaginosis and many of them claim
this product arrests their problem at the very least, although I haven't
been around long enough to know any more than that. It was interesting to me
because quite a few other women have found that gluten free and some dairy
free diets have improved gynocological problems such as neuropathy, itching,
burning, and other gynecological/pain conditions.

There has been talk on this list of there being some bacterial connections
with Celiac and that conversation is way over my head but I wondered if this
might be involved here in some way.

One person asked if this is a probiotic for people with celiac. The website
suggests that any person with an intolerance to casein and gluten would
benefit from it but that it was specifically designed with Autism in mind. I
am sure that I don't know and wouldn't be willing to try it by ingesting
gluten but I am wondering if it could help an accidental partaking of the
stuff and its consequent reaction. My natural reticence to "take things"
will probably prevent my experimentation. I brought this to the list because
I am very curious about it and hope to get some thoughts about it. Thank you
all for those thoughts.

Another person reviewed the website and believes that the product denatures
the by products (after digestion) of gluten and casein inbestion and not the
alpha-gliadin protein peptide itself which is apparently what causes the
problems with celiacs. The person believed  that the product would deal with
the opiate-like compounds created during gluten/casein digestion--which
causes "brain fog in Celiacs and al will deal with the opiate-like compounds
created in autism/ADHD--and that it MAY help some with ADHD, etc. This
listmember has witnessed miraculous results in some autistic children with
GFCF diet and wouldn't chance this product without reputable peer reviewed
studies.

This all very curious to me.

Arline